Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: What is the Super 8, State of the Union?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Feel free to go take this discussion in any direction you like.

    What I am wondering about is are we making any headway in consistent Kodachrome processing? [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img] Last time I got film back, the rolls were plagued with the dreaded blue spots.

    Other areas of concern for me, are jittery
    cartridges [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] and cameras with poor registration.

    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] On the up side it seems like it's a buyers market now on Ebay.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Until we can get someone to manufacture a new super 8 camera we run the risk of seeing super 8, at some point,dying off for good.

    Bolex, Aaton, Nikon, Canon could pick up the ball and start running with it. Even if they are cameras we can't afford, we need the market to grow and expand.

    We also need better repair services to maintain what cameras there are. I'm tired of these little shops with cranky old guys who can't answer the phone let alone fix a motion picture camera.

    We need more shops like DU-ALL Camera, The Film Group and Pro 8 with inventive and creative ideas.

    I'd like to see Ilford make super 8 and Reg 8mm film...HP5 is the best.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What do you like about HP5?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Latitude and speed. HP5 will hold shadow areas so much better then Tri-X or T-Max films. Plus, to my eyes, it's always sharper. I noticed it from the first time I used it. It would be the perfect super 8 B&W negative film...It pushes well beyond it's rated speed, and stays sharp!! I have yet to be disappointed with HP5.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •